1. I was inspired by the interesting lines, the color combo, and the abstractness of the piece
2. The piece was "Seated Woman, Red and Yellow Background", by Pablo Picasso, made of Emanuel on a composition board
3. I started with slabs and I wanted to make some kind of pyramid shape, and it's a little abstract and off, just like the piece that inspired it. I cut out 4 walls in a weird polygon shape, and a square base, and I put it together. Then carved in the lines and what not with a little ribbon tool, and fired it. I then got it out, painted the piece black and then wiped it off with a sponge so the black would be in the lines, and then painted it red, yellow, and green. Then fired it again, and the color was too light on some parts so I glazed and fired it again.
1. Okay so, first I went to the thrift store to find an object, and this is what caught my eye. I got the shoes, and my original idea was to make them Wizard of Oz, with a yellow brick road between them and make one of the shoes black and maybe have an emerald city vibe, but the idea was abandoned. I then settled on a galaxy idea, and it morphed into a rick and morty inspired piece. I sculpted the pickle, portal, and stars out of Sculpy, and I bakeked it in an oven in the culinary room. Then, I painted them, put yarn that's supposed to be space and I glued the stars in, and then the portal and the pickle on that so it looks like it's coming out of both sides. Then I spun some wire and put them in the shoes.
2. I picked them because they stood out to me, and I like them, I converted them like that because it my mind they looked cool, but I couldn't make it because it was hard for me to figure out what materials I needed and what exactly I wanted. I was inspired by rick and morty and it makes me laugh so I like the idea, but I should've executed it differently
also at one point the top half of the pickle fell into white paint:/
I spent a lot of time working on a side project, a box with water color underglaze, part of the underglaze project. I got my object to art, I decided to do something with these shoes, they were red and then I painted them black because I didn't like the red, and I plan to use a soda bottle to create an arch between the shoes, and have portals I'm making out of clay on them, and a pickle half going in one and half going in the other
This week I made this triangle prism, I thought it was pretty cool and I worked with watercolor underglaze, which was a little harder than expected because I'm not great at watercolor, but it was really fun and I'm gonna work on more projects with it. I want to make a bowl and get the watercolor underglaze to drip down, I think that would look cool. Im also working on my object to art, but it's hard because I'm not sure what I want to do
I spent a lot of the week trying to make a paper mache rick head, and it was awful and didn't look right so I trashed it and stapled all the cones together to create a concept piece, I like how it turned out more than the original idea. I plan on starting a new side project while I figure out my object to art