Material:string, wooden boards
size: 30 ft by 30 ft
1. A tool I used this semester was a scoring rib. It's used to score the clay so it sticks better to another piece of clay and it looks like a metal rib wit a spikey edge. Another tool is a needle tool. It's a long metal needle with a handle and I used it for designs on different pottery. The last tool that I used a lot this semester was a felding knife and it just looks like a knife and I used it to cut clay, usually like the top of a bowl when it was uneven.
1. My bowls are gonna be used for candy, because they're bowls
2. I came up with the idea because Ms. Sudkamp said something about pressing leaves into clay so I decied to make a bowl out of it.
3. For each bowl, I rolled out a slab of clay. Then I used a rolling pin and I rolled the leaves into the clay. Then I cut the leaves out and pressed the leaves together. Then they were bisque fired, glazed, and fired again.
1. First, I made the bowls using the pinch pot method, then I painted the pots with black under glaze, then scratch the design into the glaze/pot with different tools, then bisque fire it, then dip it in clear glaze, then glaze fire it.
2. I though it was fun and it was probably my favorite project so far.
3. I like how the lines turned out and I like how the patterns are inversed. If I were to do it again, I would make everything cleaner.